What the role entails
As the Chief Electrical Engineer you are involved on a daily basis with assembling, installing and optimizing our electrical and technical systems. You’re the public face of Stolze and you coordinate and subsequently execute various jobs and projects, together with your assistant engineer. For example, you might be required to install technical systems, climate systems and water units in a greenhouse or to set up computer systems or other electrical systems. You are based out of Maasdijk. In conjunction with your colleagues in Aalsmeer, you cover pretty the whole country.
Who are we?
As the world population continues to grow, fresh drinking water is becoming increasingly scarce and a dependable supply of safe and healthy food is needed. Sustainability is essential in order to secure a good future for our children. As a result, there is rising demand for sustainable and innovative solutions for professional protected horticulture, because high-tech greenhouses enable plants to be grown anywhere in the world.
Stolze is the leading full-service partner for professional growers worldwide: from engineering to execution, for any shape, size and type of crop. As a system integrator, we transform the wants and needs of our customers into effective high-tech solutions related to electrical engineering, irrigation, lighting, automation and climate technology for horticultural companies and utilities.
With our workforce of 160 colleagues in the Netherlands and abroad, we generated over €130 million in revenue last year. We are passionate about technology!
Key criteria for this role
You have demonstrable knowledge and experience of electrical engineering in a horticultural context and you also understand the importance of ensuring customer satisfaction. The words ‘team player’ and ‘hands-on mentality’ are at the top of the list in your dictionary. You have a passion for technology and are willing to periodically work on call to cover our stand-by and back-up services. In addition, you have:
- A vocational-level qualification and approach
- Excellent social and communication skills
- The desire to work on your continuous development in the role
- A full driving licence
- Flexibility in terms of working hours
What we offer
We offer a varied and challenging role within a professional and rapidly growing organization. Our technologies make a positive contribution to topical environmental issues and global food security, and we are continuously developing and innovating them further. In addition, we offer:
- Your own company van and the necessary tools
- An attractive salary and excellent benefits in line with the Collective Labour Agreement for the Metal & Technical sector and participation in the Metal & Technical Sector pension scheme (PMT)
- 25 days of annual leave plus 13 flexible days based on a full-time contract
- Life-long learning based on your own personal development plan
- 160 friendly and competent colleagues and a strong team spirit, both in and outside of work! For example, we have an active employee association that regularly organizes unique company trips and sporting activities
- A position in both a national and international environment
- As of 2023: new and modern company offices in Maasdijk.
We take good care of our people and believe it is important that our employees are happy at work, feel valued and work in roles that they enjoy and excel at.