What the role entails
As project controller, you are responsible for controlling our ongoing projects, particularly from a financial perspective. You work closely with your colleagues from the project department and you also have a lot of contact with the finance department and the management team.
- You keep our projects within budget
- You encourage and motivate colleagues to keep the financial figures up-to-date
- You initiate project control meetings with the relevant people
- You report to the management team on a monthly basis
- You help to manage and control the project, ensuring that the Project Lead has maximum insight into the project’s financial status
- You continuously analyse project costs and make forecasts, monitoring progress and making adjustments where necessary
- You proactively contribute to improving the internal management and controls relating to projects.
Who are we?
As the world population continues to grow, fresh drinking water is becoming increasingly scarce and a dependable supply of safe and healthy food is needed. Sustainability is essential in order to secure a good future for our children. As a result, there is rising demand for sustainable and innovative solutions for professional protected horticulture, because high-tech greenhouses enable plants to be grown anywhere in the world.
Stolze is the leading full-service partner for professional growers worldwide: from engineering to execution, for any shape, size and type of crop. As a system integrator, we transform the wants and needs of our customers into effective high-tech solutions related to electrical engineering, irrigation, lighting, automation and climate technology for horticultural companies and utilities.
With our workforce of over 160 colleagues in the Netherlands and abroad, we generated over €130 million in revenue last year. We are passionate about technology!
Key criteria for this role
You need to be decisive, resolute, able to work independently and capable of taking the lead when necessary. You are results-oriented and a strong communicator at all levels. To shape this newly created role, you will be required to take the initiative, but also to be a team player who is keen to contribute to the success of Stolze’s projects. Additionally, you will need:
- A degree related to business administration, economics or finance.
- Fluency in Dutch and English (written and spoken).
- Relevant professional experience in a project-based environment.
- Outstanding knowledge of Excel and an affinity with BI (and knowledge of Syntess is a bonus).
- A go-getting and hands-on mentality.
- The ability to set boundaries, build consensus and gain support for improvements.
What we offer
We take good care of our people and believe it is important that our employees are happy at work, feel valued and fulfil roles that they enjoy and excel at. With over 160 loyal employees, the Stolze workforce is a close-knit team where everyone has a voice. You will be made to feel welcome and helped to settle in quickly. Besides an exciting and varied role in an enthusiastic team, we offer:
- An attractive salary in line with your skills and experience
- 25 days of annual leave plus 13 flexible days based on a full-time contract
- Employment contract in line with the Collective Labour Agreement for the Metal & Technical sector and participation in the Metal & Technical Sector pension scheme (PMT)
- Weekly social activities and an active employee association
- A new and modern office building (including a gym) in Maasdijk.